Poultry Farm Workers
Urenui & Motonui, Taranaki
Aviagen is the world's leading supplier of quality broiler breeding stock. Aviagen New Zealand Limited is an important part of this global organisation which has been built on generations of knowledge, expertise and passion. We are proud of our product and the way in which we deliver it. Our business is ever expanding, offering opportunities and supporting you to begin and build a successful career
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals, who are physically fit and able to perform manual laboring tasks, with a proven record of being reliable, hardworking and willing to go that extra mile, to join our team within our Poultry Breeder Farms located in Urenui and Motonui Taranaki.
These positions will involve working in controlled environment livestock shed to carryout general labouring and livestock handling associated with housing and rearing poultry; with a strict adherence to Animal Welfare, Biosecurity and Health and Safety standards.
Our ideal candidate must:
- Be prepared to work on weekends and public holidays when rostered (Overtime rates will apply to all hours worked above 40 hours, plus weekends)
- Be willing to participate in an intensive 6 month on the job training programme
- Display an affinity for quality and pride for a job well done
- Have tolerance to all aspects of the poultry livestock industry
- Have no contact outside work with Birds (of any type), pigs or intensive livestock operations
- Be comfortable to shower on and off site before commencing work
- Be able to get to work ensuring reliability in attendance
Shortlisted applicants will be reference checked and required to successfully pass a pre-employment medical, this will include drug and alcohol testing and require ACC history to be supplied.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.