Farm Services Labourer
Aviagen is the world's leading poultry breeding company, developing pedigree lines for the production of broiler chickens and turkeys and has a number of wholly owned operations and joint ventures around the world. Aviagen New Zealand Limited is part of this exciting company which has been built on generations of knowledge, expertise and passion.
The Farm Services Team are a vital part of our Aviagen New Zealand operation and as such are responsible for clearing end of lay flocks, breakdown of plant/machinery, ensuring the highest quality cleanout and sanitation of facilities and the safe and well planned preparation and set up of farms and equipment for new stock; all completed whilst strictly adhering to our founding principles of biosecurity, animal welfare and health & safety. Our business has grown, so the demands on this team mean it's time we expanded with the addition of a new Farm Services Labourer.
With a base near Motonui, usual weekday hours are 6:00am to 2:30pm, occasional overtime to ensure timeframes met and this can also involve weekend work. Starting rate $21.17 and following development beyond initial skill level living wage rates are exceeded, with further growth in wage rate available as you develop within the business.
What we're looking for:
- You will have a high degree of fitness and physical capability; no aches or pains, have a strong back and joints that can cope with the musculoskeletal demands of the role. Someone who can cope with the realities of an agricultural operation and its environment is essential
- It would be advantage if you have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Reliability is a must - you don't want to let this team down; someone with an affinity for quality and doing a job well - this is a clean out process that must cope with a white glove inspection and you don't want to be repeating work in order to get it right
- Enthusiasm - we're looking for someone who is keen to get the job done well and will comprehend and have pride in maintaining the high standards of output from the team
- Must be self-motivated - as you will often be working without direct overhead management, with the expectation of achieving the task to the standards required within the timeframe provided
- Initiative - in line with above as you may often find yourself on your own, recognise the opportunity to get the most done with your time; if you've completed the job directed and have time available, move on to the next approved step, look for improvements and efficiencies in processes and communicate these ideas to your manager
Shortlisted applicants will need to complete a work capacity check to ensure they fit with the demands of the position. An intensive 6 month training program guided by experienced team members and reporting Manager will ensure you become a useful part of the team as quickly as possible.